The depression is much more than just sadness.
Lots of people mix up sadness and depression.Sadness is a normal reaction to life's struggles, setbacks, and disappointments,and people often use the word "depression" to explain these kinds of feelings, but actually that depression is far more than just sadness.
Many of us describe depression as "living in a black hole" or having a feeling of impending doom. However, some depressed people don't feel sad at all,they might feel lifeless, empty, and apathetic, or men in particular might even feel angry, aggressive, and restless.
Credit: Yair Neuman/Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Am I in Depression? Are you depressed? How do you know you are depressed?
If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and in addition they just won’t disappear completely, you may be in clinical depression.
- can’t sleep or you sleep too much
- can’t concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
- feeling hopeless and helpless
- can’t take control of your negative thoughts, regardless how much you try
- lost your appetite or maybe you can’t stop eating
- happen to be much more irritable, short-tempered, or aggressive than usual
- consuming more alcohol than usual or engaging in other reckless behavior
- have thoughts that life is not worth living